Tuesday 16 April 2013

Project 1 Bordeaux Maison part b: Private and Public

To investigate privacy and publicity of the house, I mapped the pattern uses of each type of occupants like kids, the wife, the man, guest with color then laid them on top of each other. I got the result of mapped area showing different degrees of color patches. The darker the patches, the more public those space are as it mean more occupants using those spaces. The interesting about it is, like the degrees of gradient, I got a range of different degrees of privacy and publicity in the house. I can see, even in the space considered as private space as the top floor, there are spaces within that are more public.
Having mapped the uses of each occupants, I got the percent of uses and sum them together and then compare to the total used space. What I noticed is there is some certain formula for public space and private space. Between the four types of occupant, in the top private level, the sum of used spaces is nearly the same as the total space but in the middle public floor the sum of used spaces is nearly four times more than the total space.

No comments:

Post a Comment